Our goal is to provide a nutritious but simple meal each weekday to help families keep their food costs manageable when school is not in session. We do not screen for allergies.
Children always have a choice of drinking milk or water with their meal. Occasionally, we also offer fruit juice. We try to plan menus as far in advance as possible, but due to the frequency of food being donated or prepared by volunteers, the menus are subject to change with little or no notice. We will try to post updates as they occur on our Facebook page. Also, even if a portion of the list below is incomplete, we WILL have a free meal and activity. We still need volunteers to serve as activity hosts on various dates. Otherwise, staff from the North Liberty library or recreation center will host the day’s activity.
A sample menu from Previous Week:
Monday: Pizza provided by Marco’s with carrots, bananas, and cookies
- Activity: Hosted by The North Liberty Community Library
Tuesday: Bologna sandwiches, baked beans, fruit, yogurt popcorn, and fruit snacks
- Activity: Hosted by HACAP
- Sponsoring Host: Meal and food service provided by the North Liberty Community Pantry
Wednesday: Food provided by Red’s Alehouse
- Activity: Hosted by The North Liberty Recreation Center
Thursday: Pasta, bread sticks, and orange slices provided by Olive Garden with carrots and cookies
- Activity: Provided by families of the lunch program
Friday: Pizza, fruit variety, vegetable variety, and dessert
- Activity: Bounce houses, face painters, a balloon artist and more! (We always have a big bash on the last day of each program)
- Host: Food preparation and food service provided by volunteers from MediRevv