The North Liberty Summer Lunch & Fun Program provides a free meal and activity weekdays throughout the summer for kids up to age 18. Our goal is to provide a healthy meal for kids during the extended school break. No registration is required to participate.
- Serving June 5 through August 11 excluding weekends and July 3 & 4.
- Meals: 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Menus will be posted in June. Volunteer to help prepare or serve food!
- Activities: 12-1 p.m. In previous years, activities have included cupcake decorating, bubble fun, kickball, a butterfly expert, bird-feeder construction, flower planting, balloon animals, yoga, gymnastics, and music, among many other activities. Volunteer to host an activity!
Find us on the lawn of the Ranshaw House at 515 W. Penn Street, just north of the Community Center (we’ll be in the basement of the Community Center during cool or rainy weather).
How can you help?
- Donate–We welcome donations year round! We also welcome businesses or groups who want to be a “Sponsoring Organization” to provide a day’s food, volunteers, and activity.
- Volunteer–Join the fun by volunteering to serve food, host an activity, or recruit your friends and co-workers to prepare a meal!
- Spread the word–Follow us on Facebook and share a link to our page on your own Facebook page or Twitter. Tell your friends what’s happening!
This program is sponsored by the North Liberty Unity Coalition, an ad hoc group of residents and representatives of the city, area churches, schools, and human service agencies interested in improving the quality of life for all North Liberty residents.